Freelance Editorial Designer Job Listing
We are looking for a confident designer (or studio) with a bold creative style who would like to work with an independent magazine. You need to be familiar with Another Escape and our style of storytelling, and be a fresh thinker who can bring creative and fun ideas to the table. You should have a keen eye for detail, love intelligent and thoughtful design, and be keen to work with the team throughout the process to deliver a well-considered piece of print media.
This job is for a freelance designer or studio with experience in design for print; this is not a vacancy for an inhouse member of staff. You will work as part of a team, answering to the editor and creative director, but you will largely work remotely and independently. The workload will vary depending on our publishing schedule.
Needs to be/have:
– 3+ years experience (preferably; we are still happy to hear from skilled and experienced designers)
– Background and/or experience in editorial design or design for print media
– An understanding of the voice and soul of the Another Escape brand
– Able to work in a style that enhances and brings our content to life
– Able to art direct, collaborate and take direction
– Self-motivated and time efficient
– An interest in Another Escape's themes (preferably)
Please provide the following to support your application:
– A short cover email that explains a bit about yourself and why you'd be perfect to work with Another Escape (no more than 400 words).
– Portfolio (Essential: you can provide links and/or a PDF document, but this must not exceed 8MB)
What we'd like to see in your portfolio:
– Strong layout design skills (this does not need to be conventional editorial design)
– Strong use of typography
– Strong and appropriate use of text and image
– The ability to take the reader on a journey
– Creative flare
Send all applications to email@example.com
Fee to be determined and based on experience.
All applications should be submitted by 1st March (but the earlier the better).